Sunday, June 10, 2012

Sleep

So here is a quick little something about me.... I don't sleep well at night! I take about a half hour to an hour to fall asleep and in the mean time I'm just tossing and turning. On top of not falling asleep right away when my head hits the oh so comfy pillow I wake up in the middle of the the night two to three times to use the restroom.... Do I sound old yet?
Usually I just lay in bed thinking of everything that I need to do or what I have messed up on during the day. When I was in school I was way stressed out and my sleep was pretty bad. Yes, since I have been just working full time rather then in school full time, my stress level has gone down quiet a bit.
I have always thought that getting up so many times in a night was a normal night for me until my Aunt suggested a little something to me! It is called Natural Calm. It is a magnesium supplement.
When you are stressed your body uses up magnesium to help keep you calm. The problem is is that we do not eat many foods that contain magnesium to replenish our natural stress relievers. I have recently just started taking Natural Calm daily for about a week straight and have noticed a huge difference!
I now sleep all the way through the night and I can fall asleep roughly fast once my head lays on the pillow! It is so wonderful to know that I can find out a way to help me sleep without using a sleeping pill!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Paula; Thank you for posting this I think I shall talk to my Dr. and see if she feels this will help me to come off my sleeping pills. I do know she monitors my magnesium and potassium on a regular basis.

    ReplyDelete